Yep, you read that heading right – an advanced Windows version of the seminal Nintendo arcade classic, Donkey Kong. Take a bow on a job well done, Mr. Justin Bohemier!
When our very good friend Aaron Clement (from Press Play On Tape Podcast fame) gave us the heads up on this game, we thought we would do the same by sharing it with the rest of you. Before Ninty’s lawyers issue a cease and desist, make sure you grab your copy of Donkey Kong Advanced now!
So you may ask, what’s new in this version of Donkey Kong Advanced? Since you asked nicely, here you go:
- Levels are different, some are completely new, while others have the same level structure with some differences
- New switch, laser, and key system to save Pauline
- Mario (Jumpman) can jump off high platforms and land without killing himself (yahoo!)
- New heart bonus items are worth 2000 points but are tricky to get
- Barrels rebound off the floor higher than before – so watch out
- Hitting barrels with the hammer doesn’t pause the game during the explosion
- Level 4 is icy – there is a special shoe item to pickup that makes it not slippery
source: Justin Bohemier
image source: Donkey Kong Advanced in itch.io